POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Life : Re: Life Server Time
10 Aug 2024 15:16:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life
From: SeeSchloss
Date: 12 Sep 2004 13:42:35
Message: <pan.2004.09.12.17.42.36.587527@seeschloss.org>
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 21:07:34 -0300, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

>> Everything works fine, the only problem is that I don't want to define
>> the initial state of the world in the script. Imagine the quantities of
>> lines like :
>> #declare world[5][5] = 1;
>> #declare world[5][6] = 1;
>> ... etc :/
>
> Why don't you do this:
>
> #declare Foo=array[3][3]
> {
>     {1,2,3},
>     {4,5,6},
>     {7,8,9}
> }

Because I didn't want to have something fixed like this. To change the
size of the world with this system you would have had to completely change
the declaration of the array... and directly editing 30x30 arrays like
this isn't really convenient.

This isn't a problem anymore anyway, since the starting values can now be
taken from a picture.