POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Guitar WIP (Comments requested) : Re: Guitar WIP (Comments requested) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:30:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guitar WIP (Comments requested)
From: Tyler Eaves
Date: 3 Jul 2004 14:11:21
Message: <pan.2004.07.03.18.12.33.72208@gmail.com>
On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 13:40:14 +0200, Johan Feyaerts wrote:
nique design feature to this instrument. Who can find
>> it?
> violin like top and bottom cutaways? Won't be very comfortable when you play
> it while sitting ...

The body was most inspired by the Alembic "Triple Omega" body shape.
http://alembic.com/info/FC_hill8.html
I played on once, it's not nearly an uncomfortable as you think, and it
looks so neat ;)

> 30 frets ? You 'll need very smal fingers to play those high tones, and
> you'll need extremely good building skills to get the high positions well in
> tune.....

Ding ding ding. We have a winner. I'm designing this guitar for lead
playing, so I plan on having only a single pickup. With the body shape
this made the extended neck basically a no-brainer. I think it would still
be playable. Not quite as easy as the lower frets, but those extra 6 frets
are no closer together than say, the frets on a mandolin.