POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Goodbye WIP Take 2 : Re: Goodbye WIP Take 2 Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Goodbye WIP Take 2
From: Douglas Duncan
Date: 26 Apr 2004 21:45:02
Message: <pan.2004.04.27.01.45.01.77114@to.group>
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 03:09:38 +0100, Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:

> Perhaps a more advanced version will create more feedback... So, here I am
> now. Not yet sure if this isn't already the finished state, but that's it
> for today.
>
> I'm thinking about removing the blue light off of the man, so that his
> silhouette is rather black vs the background, instead of the outlined
> version similiar to the woman.
>
> What bugs me is the goodbye-wave the woman tosses at him whilst not looking,
> I'm not 100% sure that it has the correct effect. I'm still working on that,
> but maybe that's the best I can do when doing silhouettes.
>
> Anyways, comments and suggestions appreciated,
> Tim

Tim, I really like your work, but the woman's arm appears to be in an
unnatural position. Maybe try putting it with the forearm at a 90 degree
angle (give or take and the palm facing forward) might make it appear
more natural (although that might not convey the same message).

Also, the man not facing her would not see her waving so what is the
point? I would think that rotating the man towards her a little more might
help. Maybe even turn his face a little towards the woman while still
looking down.

No matter what you decide to do, thanks for sharing your wonderful works
with us. They really make me wish I was able to generate images that would
evoke the emotions that yours do.