POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity Experiment : Re: Radiosity Experiment Server Time
11 Aug 2024 13:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity Experiment
From: Suso Banderas
Date: 17 Apr 2004 22:47:17
Message: <pan.2004.04.18.02.47.27.157524@suso.org>
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:46:16 -0700, Tek wrote:

> You mean you're amazed by how much this complex radiosity simulation
> looks like a simplistic renderer from the 80's? ;)

 Speaking of which, does anyone here remember the Mind's Eye video?
I'm guessing so.  Anyways, there was a scene in there with a space station
like object, but the way it was rendered, it looked like it was filmed in
the 60s or something.  Anyways, I always thought it was cool how they
could make renders "look" old and wondered what it would take to make that
effect.  If nobody knows what I'm talking about, I could try to grab a
couple frames from that film and post them here.