POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Car... (Sorta) : A Car... (Sorta) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 17:18:34 EDT (-0400)
  A Car... (Sorta)
From: Tyler Eaves
Date: 19 Feb 2004 21:13:22
Message: <pan.2004.02.20.02.14.08.410206@NOSPAMml1.net>
This is my current project. It's going to be (eventually)
a 1930's style Formula 1 car. I'm basing the basic dimensions
off a 1934 Mercedes Benz W25. I decided to tackle the tires first,
as they given a sense of the basic dimensions, plus I knew they'ed
be a challenge. I'm quite happy with the way they look, not so
happy with the render times. I'm doing a very complex difference of
a torus (see attached file), and it takes rather a long time. The basic
render of a single tire with basic AA takes almost 4 minutes on my
Athlon 950.

Here two renders and a source file:

http://tylere.com/tire.jpg
http://tylere.com/4tires.jpg