POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Promotheus-class Corvette...again... : Re: Promotheus-class Corvette...again... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Promotheus-class Corvette...again...
From: Tailkinker
Date: 8 Jun 2003 23:46:26
Message: <pan.2003.06.08.23.01.18.290866@yahoo.co.uk>
On Sun, 08 Jun 2003 10:48:42 -0500, Dave VanHorn wrote:

> "Tailkinker" <gro### [at] yahoocouk> wrote in message
> news:pan### [at] yahoocouk...
>> I posted this ship a while ago, and got some feedback.  Here's a new
> version.
>
> Constructive criticism:
>
> If it was me, I'd work on the texturing.  Real objects of that scale
> wouldn't have such surface shine.  It looks like a plastic model.

Some amount of shine would be required, just by the physics of a
spacecraft.  But you're right;  a reduced amount would look better.

> The two forward windows are a little too simple.  They would have some
> shine to them, and the corners would probably not be handled that way in
> real life.

Angle is bad for the shine, but it should be the equal of the other
windows and the bridge;  and I cheated slightly on making the windows
in the first place.  Perhaps a few extra objects just to bulk the windows
out a bit around the corners...

--
ICQ#66022322
http://tailkinker.contrabandent.com