POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Animation software : Re: Animation software Server Time
2 May 2024 06:04:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation software
From: David Burnett
Date: 5 Apr 2003 10:40:51
Message: <pan.2003.04.05.15.40.10.971100@ntlworld.com>
On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 17:43:52 +0200, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <pan### [at] ntlworldcom> , "David
> Burnett" <var### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote:
>
>> I'd like some recomendations for software for creating animations from
>> povray that creates movies that will play when downloaded to websites.
>>

> What is wrong with using QuickTime itself?  It will export to many
> formats...

General lack of knowledge. Plus as far as I can see you need QT Pro to do
a 'slideshow'.

The only other experience I have with QT is MediaPipes which uses QT to
decode and encode file but

a) it doesn't seem to take in a sequence of files, i.e. a povray
animation

b) The QT file it produced was the one the breaks if I copy it, or upload
it to a webserver.

Dave