POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Ray on a network, for many users? : Re: POV-Ray on a network, for many users? Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:02:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray on a network, for many users?
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 11 Jan 2003 01:14:44
Message: <pan.2003.01.11.06.13.09.447468.261@gte.net>

> Hi,
>
> now I'm back again.
>
> Thank you for your help.
> Simultaneous read-only access seems to be no problem: POV-Ray 3.1 works
> fine with (huge!) .inc-files used at the same time by 2 instances of
> POV.

> What I would like to have is:
>  1. only one installation of POV-Ray on the server by admin 2. every
>  user can use POV-Ray on every computer without any installation
>     and without admin
>
> Is this possible?

Almost.  After the admin installs POV-Ray on the server, you'll need to
update the registry on every computer that will be running POV to include
the key
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\POV-Ray\v3.5\Windows]
"Home"="C:\\path\\to\\pov-ray\\install\\directory"
I think that's the only essential registry setting for POV 3.5

--
Mark