POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : randomish (~38K) : Re: randomish (~38K) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: randomish (~38K)
From: PoD
Date: 9 Jan 2003 06:52:44
Message: <pan.2003.01.09.11.52.42.11283@internode.on.net>
On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:25:34 +1100, Edward Coffey wrote:

> PoD wrote:
>> On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 20:17:39 +1100, Edward Coffey wrote:
>>>Do you have other constraints - like the number of times a point may be
>>>visited? It would be interesting to see if it could fill much of the
>>>volume if you only let it visit each point once.
>>

>> At the moment it will go to any of the adjacent points regardless but
>> tags the point as having a sphere and the two points as having a
>> cylinder so that only one object will be created.
>>
>> I'll have to try only visiting empty points.  I suspect that large areas
>> would become 'walled off' unless a lot of the volume was allowed to be
>> used.
>
> Yes I imagine so. Perhaps you could make some kind of simple re-routing
> routine such that if your pipe layer got stuck he could find out if any of
> the blocking pipes were trivially re-routable, and if so, move them to a
> different route to allow the pipeline to continue on through.
>
> I can't imagine why you would bother, but it might be fun.

Yeah, maybe. I only took about 10 minutes writing the code to do this
algorithm and maybe an hour playing around with various constraints.
I might look into some more complex routing stuff some time.
Another idea I had was to make an animation where the pipes are added one
at a time, maybe with each pipe growing from the start to the end point.
In fact that idea sounds really simple, I might start on that now :)