POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : 6.7.3.2.2 Brilliance : 6.7.3.2.2 Brilliance Server Time
28 Apr 2024 09:57:01 EDT (-0400)
  6.7.3.2.2 Brilliance
From: Adrien Rebollo
Date: 11 Nov 2002 17:38:51
Message: <pan.2002.11.11.22.37.12.806873@gmx.fr>
Hello,

I think the effect of brilliance is not very clearly documented :
it is written :
"Higher values from 5.0 to about 10.0 cause the light
to fall off less at medium to low angles"
However, looking at the source, and experimenting with the parameter,
I think it works the other way :
"Values higher than 1.0 cause the diffuse light to fall off more
sharply when the incident light is not perpendicular,
and becomes more tangent to the surface." or something like that.

But English is not my mother tongue, so it is possible I just
misunderstood 'fall off', and that my version does not make sense
at all.

Adrien Rebollo