POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8 : Re: Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling 3.5 source for Solaris 5.8 / 8
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 3 Aug 2002 07:51:17
Message: <pan.2002.08.03.11.55.18.328104.2129@povray.org>
On Sat, 03 Aug 2002 06:36:11 -0400, Warp wrote:

> Micha Riser <mri### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
>> It probably would be best to include such a povray.conf into source and
>> put it into the correct place when 'make install' is done.
>
>   And allow everything by default? No thanks! Same defaults as in
>   Windows, thanks.

An alternative would be to install a system-wide default file that
contains the current defaults but has the other ones in it as well,
commented out. Then the "you can't do that" error should refer the user to
that file. I'm thinking the system-wide default file should have lots and
lots of comments.

-Mark Gordon