POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP bar (24kb) : Re: WIP bar (24kb) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP bar (24kb)
From: Ed Jackson
Date: 1 Aug 2002 00:03:56
Message: <pan.2002.08.01.04.03.54.697638.18632@iastate.edu>
On Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:05:40 -0500, John Vodden wrote:

> "Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message
>>. It's rather dark (I usually
>> complain about this but I realize a bar IS dark)
>
> I generally think that effective use of darkness is often just as
> important as effective use of details.

Interesting, this talk of darkness.  I realized after posting the image
that I had failed to include an assumed_gamma.  When I set it at 1.0,
suddenly everything was much brighter.  I think, though, that if I go
tweak the lights now, the overall effect will be more convincing.

I can probably also futz about with the area_light in the bottle cooler
to make it render faster and get rid of that eerie glow above it.

	-Ed