POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Emacs mode updated for 3.5 : Re: Emacs mode updated for 3.5 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs mode updated for 3.5
From: Spider
Date: 18 Jul 2002 19:36:26
Message: <pan.2002.07.18.23.37.20.40309.8858@gentoo.org>

> I'm assuming Gentoo will install into /usr/bin, in which case leaving the
> old version won't make much of a difference (other than wasting a bit of
> disk space), assuming /usr/bin comes before /usr/local/bin in your path.

Actually Gentoo will write compiled binaries to /usr/{bin,lib}  and all
binary packages go into /opt.

While on subject, I'm a bit curious as to why you use /usr/lib/povray-...
to store scene files and includes, when /usr/share would seem to be the
most intuitive (sp?) place....

//Spider

--
begin  .signature
This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!