POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Emacs mode updated for 3.5 : Re: Emacs mode updated for 3.5 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Emacs mode updated for 3.5
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 16 Jul 2002 09:43:13
Message: <pan.2002.07.16.13.43.13.89454.6697@povray.org>
Feel free to uninstall the binary when the time comes.

To uninstall the binary:

rm -f /usr/local/bin/povray /usr/local/man/man1/povray.1
rm -rf /usr/local/lib/povray-3.5 /usr/local/share/docs/povray-3.5

(Hopefully you haven't written any files to those directories.  If you
have, you should just copy them somewhere else before nuking the directory)

I'm assuming Gentoo will install into /usr/bin, in which case leaving the
old version won't make much of a difference (other than wasting a bit of
disk space), assuming /usr/bin comes before /usr/local/bin in your path.

-Mark Gordon