POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : no more linux beta ?? : Re: no more linux beta ?? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:16:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no more linux beta ??
From: Raphael Quinet
Date: 13 Jun 2002 13:28:54
Message: <pan.2002.06.13.17.28.53.182926.4216@gamers.org>
On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:43:47 +0200, Ken wrote:
> Daniel Matthews wrote:
>> I can't see it either, is this what you were after?
>> ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Linux/3.5beta
>
> It may be... but that particular version is expired and is not worth the
> time downloading. The POV-Team is working on getting another beta
> version ready for the linux platform. They are very busy so please be
> patient with them...

I understand.  But that's a pity because I depend on the Linux beta
for developing the particle system that some other beta-testers are
waiting for (see my message in p.a-u).  I do not want to play with the
clock on my networked Linux machines, so I cannot do much for the
moment.

When the next beta version for Linux is available, would it be
possible to make it expire several days later than the Windows
version, in case the same problem occurs again?  The Mac version has a
different expiration date already, so it should be possible to do that
for the Linux version as well.

By the way, do you have any idea of when the next Linux beta might be
released?  Is it a matter of days or could it take longer than a week?

Anyway, I will wait patiently.  Thanks for all your efforts!

--
http://www.gamers.org/~quinet/