POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : my first animation: spheres and checkered plane (and springs, particles, water, ...) - 619kb : Re: my first animation: spheres and checkered plane (and springs, particles, water, ...) - 619kb Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: my first animation: spheres and checkered plane (and springs, particles, water, ...) - 619kb
From: Raphael Quinet
Date: 7 Jun 2002 12:11:00
Message: <pan.2002.06.07.16.10.59.383544.13134@gamers.org>
On Thu, 06 Jun 2002 20:53:09 +0200, Rune wrote:
> I love it! It shows just the kind of things I have dreamt of doing. I
> can't wait to play with a particle system where everything can be
> completely user-defined, thus allowing for maximum flexibility. :D

Thanks!

> What I wonder is how the user-friendliness of your system is. Very often
> flexibility comes at a price...

Well...  From my point of view the system is very user-friendly (with
me as the user).  :-)  But you will soon be able to judge for yourself.

Anyway, the price to pay is a small sacrifice in speed.  Since each
macro is called separately (one call to pps_gravity(), then one call
to pps_bounce(), then one call to pps_move(), etc.) it is necessary
for each macro to loop over all particles.  Having several #while
loops in different macros is a bit slower than if all the code was in
one big macro.  But I don't think that the difference is so big, and
the added flexibility is definitely worth it, IMHO.

--
http://www.gamers.org/~quinet/