POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Stupid Question : Re: Stupid Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 00:15:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid Question
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 18 May 2002 17:26:22
Message: <pan.2002.05.18.16.29.05.7710.1468@mac.com>
On Sat, 18 May 2002 17:04:52 -0500, Dave Bates [{Norman}] wrote:

> I tried playing around with Torus but that wasn't the look I wanted.. Is
> there another function I could use to do this or will I have to go for
> the way of the mesh..

What do you mean by "wasn't the look I wanted"? You didn't give a very
good description of what you wanted...
A simple CSG using a torus and a couple planes or boxes to cut away the
unwanted portions might do what you want. Or you might use a lathe or CSG
of cylinders or cones if you want a different cross-section. If you don't
want a circular sweep, a mesh might be necessary, but otherwise it is
probably overkill.

POV-Ray TAG e-mail: <chr### [at] tagpovrayorg>
WWW: http://homepage.mac.com/chrishuff/