POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : elastic cube, pov code, 800 kB : Re: elastic cube, pov code, 800 kB Server Time
19 Jul 2024 19:27:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: elastic cube, pov code, 800 kB
From: Gergely Vandor
Date: 16 May 2002 18:35:14
Message: <pan.2002.05.17.00.35.14.392875.3430@moravia-it.com>
On Thu, 16 May 2002 20:42:05 +0200, Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Gergely Vandor wrote:
>>
>> This one is pure pov code. I don't want to post the source yet, since
>> it's ridiculously slow, unreadable and even somewhat buggy. :) At least
>> it produces acceptable results now. Spring system, mesh. I'd like to
>> create fluid anims too, but it will take some time.
>
> I now managed to view it, looks very good.

Thanks. =)

> How long did it take to calculate it?  I have started to simulate
> similar objects with the same system used for the balls and it works
> well and does not seem that slow until now.  What system do you use to
> connect the nodes with springs?

Did you use pov code for your system? If so, I'd really like to see it. :)

It took 5 mins on an 1400 MHz Athlon XP, which I consider slow, this
thing should be possible realtime on my machine. :) The five mins is a
guess, I did't even check.

System: In every "row", every second node is connected as well as the
adjacent ones, and every "sub-cube" has an X of springs on its sides.
The slowness is due to silly code (this is my first ever try at stuff
like this) and overkill (?) precision (20 steps/frame).

--
Cheers,
Gergely