POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What the he?? is going on with Russia? : Re: What the he?? is going on with Russia? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 08:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What the he?? is going on with Russia?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Mar 2022 13:55:33
Message: <pan$985ef$1d06dcb6$2a55fb31$18947bcf@nospam.com>
On Mon, 07 Mar 2022 15:42:59 -0400, Cousin Ricky wrote:

> Another bind is our dependence on fossil fuels.  If we shut down
> Russia's pipelines, our fuel prices go up.  Even progressives are in a
> bind on this one, as this would hurt the poor the hardest.

I don't think this is actually the case.  Shutting down Russia's
pipelines would be effective, if the petrochemical industry would not use
that as an excuse to raise prices.

They've posted record profits in the last year.  It's not the cost (or
availability) of oil that's causing gas prices to go up.  It's corporate
greed.