POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Using rendered graphics in a game? : Re: Using rendered graphics in a game? Server Time
1 Oct 2024 22:27:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using rendered graphics in a game?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 6 Jul 2000 13:46:40
Message: <p0f9mski1khv3bed23o1lfdcc9qohab6l3@4ax.com>
On Thu, 06 Jul 2000 11:30:09 +0200, Mike Wiering <mwi### [at] cskunnl>
wrote:

>I've just started using PovRay and I'm thinking about using it for
>rendering animated sprites and backgrounds for my next game. I'm still
>experimenting, what do you think about my duck?

That's one cool duckie you have shown here, Mike :)

>I was wondering, does anyone have experience with rendering separate
>sprites and combining them to a game, and does anyone know an example of
>a game that uses graphics rendered with PovRay?

There was a game for Linux that, upon installation, uses POV to render
all its graphics. Regretfully, I don't recall the name, but a quick
search on Linuxberg should show it up.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet