POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Vapour trails : Re: Vapour trails Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vapour trails
From: Phil Cook
Date: 22 Apr 2005 10:04:37
Message: <opspmz13r2c3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:32:47 +0100, scott <sco### [at] spamcom> did
spake, saying:

fun mod of my own using distinct spheres, each sphere is the same height
 from the surface with the yellow spheres arc length being the same
distance as the straight line between the red spheres. Just to show the
obvious differences in distance vs time for straight vs curved paths.

EarthRadius=6378.1; //km
FlightHeight=16; //km
PersonHeight=(1.8/1000);//km

--
Phil Cook

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'vapor trail flat.png' (14 KB) Download 'vapor trail curve.png' (14 KB) Download 'vapor trail curve overhead.png' (15 KB)

Preview of image 'vapor trail flat.png'
vapor trail flat.png

Preview of image 'vapor trail curve.png'
vapor trail curve.png

Preview of image 'vapor trail curve overhead.png'
vapor trail curve overhead.png