POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fountain [WIP] again : Re: Fountain [WIP] again Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:25:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fountain [WIP] again
From: Richard Callwood III
Date: 6 Jul 2004 18:29:05
Message: <opsaql2prslopdft@rcallwo.uvi.edu>
On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 11:35:34 -0600, Anthony D. Baye

<ant### [at] sdsmtedu> wrote:

> I get odd results when rendering with photons, though.  It seems to
> treat the transparent surfaces as though they were opaque (that is, th
> surfaces are still transparent, but the light doesn't seem to get
> through.  I get a solid shadow on the ground to the left instead of
> having a lighter area for the dome, and a colored shadow for the
> crystal.), and nothing I do fixes the problem.  If anyone has an Idea
> about what I can do to fix this, I'd appreciate suggestions.

Do you have photons { pass_through } on the dome and the crystal?

Reactor recommended using an ior for the water.  In fact, i don't believ

you'll get any results at all without an ior.  Fresnel reflection,

refraction, and refractive caustics are dependent on the material's inde

of refraction, and POV-Ray will not calculate these effects without one.