POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LOTW update : Re: LOTW update Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:30:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LOTW update
From: Nathan O'Brien
Date: 12 Jul 2004 05:10:06
Message: <opsa0o220bqe14i4@athlon.mshome.net>
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:02:53 +0200, Jaime Vives Piqueres
<jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

>    The lighting looks also beautiful, although there is little contrast
> on the shadowed parts.

I'm trying to fudge sky light using an radial grid of spotlights so I can
use SMYPOV for the high res renders. They currently are a mix of shadow
and shadowless overlapping spots arranged in a semi Fibonaaci sequence
over the top of the atmosphere. At the moment all the spots have the same
light colour and intensity. I'm still experimenting in getting the right
contrast level in the shadow areas without extending the render times too
much.