POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New guy I am : Re: New guy I am Server Time
12 Aug 2024 17:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New guy I am
From: Matt Leonard
Date: 29 Jul 2003 20:55:49
Message: <oprs3l69olvka4sj@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 01:08:43 +0200, Tim Nikias v2.0 <tim### [at] gmxde>
wrote:

> Ah, the old, beloved reflective sphere on checkered plane...
>
> Nice version I might say. Arealights, probably isosurfaces
> for the tiles, antialiasing... I like it.
>
> Welcome to the groups then! Have a look around
> and enjoy your stay!
>
> Regards,
> Tim

Thank you very much.  I've been checking your work out and I must say that
it is impressive.  Especially that one with the blobs and the media.  Don't
remember what it was called.  Sorta orange-pink tinge to it.

And yeah, isosurface bricks placed with loops of course, one arealight and
antialiasing.

I haven't figured out isosurfaces very well yet.  I just used rounded_box
and noise_3D.  I hear that those pigment functions look pretty good.  I'll
have to check it out sometime.

Thanks again!