POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flooded corridor-89k : Re: Flooded corridor-90k Server Time
11 Aug 2024 05:12:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flooded corridor-90k
From: Phil Cook
Date: 27 Apr 2004 07:39:30
Message: <opr635aduup4ukzs@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:36:01 +0100, Phil Cook
<phi### [at] nospamdeckingdealscouk> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 11:10:12 -0500, Shay <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote:
>

>> "Phil Cook" <phi### [at] nospamdeckingdealscouk> wrote in message
>>
>> Just me, but I think that changing the scene so that so much of the
>> frame is not viewed through a light beam would make this a lot nicer.
>> Swapping the large windows for asylum-style doors (the ones in the
>> movies with the small windows) would make for a quick test of that
>> theory.
>
> Which is what I tried to do with the media density, I'm not totally
> happy with it myself;
> fortunately I set the windows to be controlled by variables so I can
> adjust height etc very easily. I assume you mean shrink the height of
> the windows to form horizontal slit-type windows and have the camera
> looking under the beams. I'll try it now.

Hmm yes I do prefer that, <sigh> I might just tilt the lights to dip them
below the water, or raise the water level, or... no I'll be at it forever
:) I'll just return to it from time to time and tweak a bit here or there.
Thanks for the suggestion I think it's improved it.

--
Phil Cook

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'watercorridor2.jpg' (90 KB)