POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : bicubic patch looks shattered : bicubic patch looks shattered Server Time
17 May 2024 16:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  bicubic patch looks shattered
From: Courtney Miles
Date: 11 Mar 2004 21:53:44
Message: <opr4qabrxw8hbo52@localhost>
I modelled a pair of glasses in sPatch.  They look very nice.  But I
modelled them rather large. When I scale the glasses by 0.04 to make it
roughly 1 unit wide the glasses loose edges, corners, and strange twists
occur.  I tried scalling the model down in sPatch first but it made no
difference.

The flatness for all the spline objext are 0.  I assume POV-Ray is haveing
trouble handling the small numbers.  Is there a setting I can change to
correct this?

Thanks