POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My first real post <gulp> -32kb : Re: My first real post <gulp> -42kb Server Time
12 Aug 2024 03:28:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first real post <gulp> -42kb
From: Phil Cook
Date: 23 Jan 2004 09:16:32
Message: <opr18faxp4p4ukzs@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 07:51:13 -0500, Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:

> It's considerably brighter.  Probably closer to where you'd want it to
> be.

Yes that's more like it.

>  BTW the sliver of light in the background is not coming off as totally
> believable.  I think maybe it is too cool compared to the warm
> atmosphere.  It tends to look like a solid object.

I assume you mean the triangle of light, the problem is I want to make the
edges fuzzy in the same way falloff is used in spotlight and can't see a
way to do that with a point light they're way to sharp without focal_blur
. I'll try altering the media type and putting a different texture on the
background wall it may soften the darkness a bit and indicate that
something else is there. It's all good practice for my stone corridor :)

--
Phil

--
All thoughts and comments are my own unless otherwise stated and I am
happy to be proven wrong.