POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : WebGL : Re: WebGL Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WebGL
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 24 Nov 2014 12:40:07
Message: <op.xpubc1nmufxv4h@xena.home>
On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 19:02:55 +0200, Patrick Elliott <kag### [at] gmailcom>
wrote:

> On 11/23/2014 9:11 AM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>> I've been building a scene with Goo Create for a couple of days now.
>>
>> Suddenly today I get the message that webgl is disabled on chrome. Even
>> is\f I enable it manually.
>>
>> So I installed Firefox. I tried testing with ShaderToy first. This
>> resulted in FireFox becoming unresponsive.
>>
>> I have a 1Gb ATI HD5770 which has no double precission floating point
>> suppport. Could that be the problem? Yet that wouldn't explain why it
>> worked in the first place.
>>
>> Has anyone had similar problems before?
>>
>> Any ideas on how to fix this?
>>
>> My cell-phone can run Goo Create but not my PC!?!
>>
> Uh, yeah, Shadertoy uses some damn complicated loading, which something
> about how Firefox threads its connections **does not like**. The same
> site works like a gem in Chrome and relative browsers (and, with few
> exceptions works better, since Firefox is missing "some" of the features
> used by a subset of the examples).
>
> I have no idea about the webgl issue, or why it would happen though. :p

So I only tried launching Goo Create in FireFox afterwards - and it
works!?!

Google Goo Create works in FireFox but NOT in Google Chrome!?! :P

this is the message I get on Chrome:
"
Please enable WebGL

It appears as though WebGL has been disabled in your browser.

To enable WebGL in Chrome

Enter "chrome://flags/" in your address bar.
Under Experiments disable Disable WebGL (yes, it's confusing).
At the bottom of the page, accept the offer to "Relaunch Now".
Not something you can do right now? Check out this intro video instead!
"

I tried enabling webgl, but it didn't work.

*confused*

--
-Nekar Xenos-