POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The painter : Re: The painter Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:33:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The painter
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 20 Nov 2014 23:31:13
Message: <op.xpnqt8wvufxv4h@xena.home>
On Thu, 20 Nov 2014 19:24:42 +0200, Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> On 20/11/2014 16:00, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
>> Take a look at this jigsaw, painted by Dominic Davidson.
>>
>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Falcon-11006-Riverside-Jigsaw-Puzzle/dp/B0076KMQ1I
>>
>> ....wait, painted?
>>
>> I don't know, man... Those trees don't quite look right. And the thatch?
>> Are you SURE this is a painting??
>

> You are right. The artist, Dominic Davison, is a freelance digital
> artist.
>
> http://www.3dartistonline.com/user/Dom1

I don't get it. If he could put so many leaves and detail into all the
other trees, why couldn't he do the same with the willow tree?

Unless he just gets free 3d models off the net and throws them together in
a scene?
But why not rather replace it with some other type of tree that actually
has leaves?

I've been looking for a good free 3d willow tree on the internet for a
long time and still haven't found one.

--
-Nekar Xenos-