POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : WebGL : Re: WebGL Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:36:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WebGL
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 2 Dec 2014 13:10:20
Message: <op.xp852shiufxv4h@xena.home>
On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 19:40:03 +0200, Nekar Xenos <nek### [at] gmailcom>
wrote:

> So I only tried launching Goo Create in FireFox afterwards - and it
> works!?!
>
> Google Goo Create works in FireFox but NOT in Google Chrome!?! :P
>

> this is the message I get on Chrome:
> "
> Please enable WebGL
>
> It appears as though WebGL has been disabled in your browser.
>

> To enable WebGL in Chrome
>
> Enter "chrome://flags/" in your address bar.
> Under Experiments disable Disable WebGL (yes, it's confusing).
> At the bottom of the page, accept the offer to "Relaunch Now".
> Not something you can do right now? Check out this intro video instead!
> "
>
> I tried enabling webgl, but it didn't work.
>
> *confused*

Things just got stranger. Goo Create runs fine at work on Chrome on a
similar PC with a 512Mb 9600GT. It evens renders bloom. When Compared to
my 1Gb HD5770 the only thing better on the nVidia is the fact that it uses
less power. While Goo Create does run on FireFox on my PC, it doesn't
render bloom correctly.

--
-Nekar Xenos-