POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Procedurally generated universe : Re: Procedurally generated universe Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:28:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Procedurally generated universe
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 2 Dec 2014 11:57:30
Message: <op.xp82p0ikufxv4h@xena.home>
On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 20:04:20 +0200, Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> On 2014-11-30 22:58, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>> Toned down on the multiplayer. But 'toned up' on the planetary
>> exploration. I
>> don't think you can actually explore planets on E:D and SC.
>
> ...yet.  Landing/walking around planets is a planned expansion for E:D,
> but they want to take their time and do it well.  Apparently NMS you can
> only explore certain places on the planet;

You can go right round the whole planet. I think it will take a while
though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-usSUKXxDc

It seems to me that E:D focuses more on trading and more realistic placing
of planets, while SC focuses more on the space-crafts and graphics, and
NMS focuses on planetary exploration.

--
-Nekar Xenos-