POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Euclideon Geoverse : Re: Euclideon Geoverse Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Euclideon Geoverse
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 15 May 2014 15:44:27
Message: <op.xfw2f9dxufxv4h@xena.home>
On Thu, 15 May 2014 19:48:27 +0200, Tim Cook <z99### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> On 2014-05-15 12:43, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>> Like Minecraft with pixel-sized blocks?

Maybe I should rephrase (my wording tends to be on the sparse side):
I meant that maybe their algorithm is similar to Minecrafts algorithm.
Apparently Minecraft worlds are massive. So if you take a tiny Minecraft
block and only give each side a single colour and code it in C++ instead
of Java, maybe it is possible. Maybe even add a few CryEngine tricks?

> Do want.
>
> (Seriously; the only thing that turns me off of Minecraft is the
> absurdly large voxels.  Well, and that it's not free.  Even EverQuest
> Landmark is too chunky for my taste...though it does let you put things
> at angles.)

I feel the same way. It also seems like only a select few would be able to
build stuff with Landmark if I understood it correctly. It an awesome
concept but it's not my kind of game. I would want more realism. Minecraft
+ Google Earth + physics + CryEngine + GTA + Play as a good guy - that
would be more my thing.

--
-Nekar Xenos-