POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gancaloon: Old City street new version : Re: Gancaloon: Old City street new version Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:30:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gancaloon: Old City street new version
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 28 May 2013 13:18:51
Message: <op.wxs01k0hufxv4h@xena>

<yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:

> Hi(gh)!
>
> On 27.05.2013 20:15, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>
>> I find this very inspiring. Makes me want to continue working on my
>> BueHaria Binary planets :)
>
> BueHaria Binary planets? Sounds interesting... are they co-orbital or
in

> fact a binary system like Pluto and Charon? Would you tell us more abo
ut

> them?
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

I started making up this world when I first heard of binary stars and

planets in High-school. I think it must have been something I read in

Scientific American that triggered the idea. Somewhere there was mention

that the Earth and the moon could almost be a binary planet system. So

yes, like Pluto and Charon. Bueharia is a binary planet system consistin

of the planets Bu and Har.

Bue is a beautiful blue planet where plants have blue leaves (I think th
is

would require a method other than photosynthesis, but I don't know enoug

about biology to come up with an idea for that). Also there is lots of

gold in the soil, so walking on a golden beach would be nothing unnatura
l.

Most animals would have 6 limbs of which 2 are normally wings. The

intelligent beings (Aliel) would have seven slender fingers of which 2 a
re

thumbs, 1 on each side of the hand. There are different races with skin

and hair colours ranging from cyan - blue - magenta - gold. (One could f
or

instance have blue skin and gold hair). Normally they weave their own ha
ir

into clothes - without cutting it, so their hair would be one with their

clothes. The story would start in the forest age of Bue (Similar to our

stone age) where everyone lives in trees. These trees grow a natural

man-sized nest on each branch, so a new couple would search for a small

tree and plan their family according to when new nests have grown. The

atmosphere would be very thick to allow large animals to fly and

Pegasus-like creatures abound.

Har on the other hand is very much like a prison planet and used as one

later on. There is a lot of volcanic activity and the only water comes

 from geysers. You can never see the horizon because of all the smoke. A
ny

hair or feathers would be singed off because of the heat, so most life o

this planet is reptilian. War is the norm and thus there is very little

life on this planet.

--

-Nekar Xenos-