POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : flying police car WIP : Re: flying police car WIP Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: flying police car WIP
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 3 May 2013 14:47:32
Message: <op.wwiuheraufxv4h@xena>
On Fri, 03 May 2013 13:07:28 +0200, Kenneth <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> And I managed to smooth out the raised outline around the windshield, by
> re-writing my eval_pigment 'image_map scanning' code to be more precise.
> There
> are many more spheres now, and no gaps. (Part of the problem was human
> error--my
> top-down windshield image render was made at 3000X3000 pixels, but I was
> scanning it at an odd reduced rez.) I wanted to get this code working
> correctly,
> before attempting a different technique for the outline. I think it
> looks pretty
> good as-is, except in extreme close-up.

It's very easy to convert spheres like this into blobs:
Just use "blob{" as you would to make a "union{" of spheres
Then change "sphere{SpherePos, SphereRadius etc}"
to "sphere{SpherePos, SphereRadius, BlobStrength etc}"

Start with a BlobStrength of 1. If it is too thick or thin, change it
accordingly.

--
-Nekar Xenos-