POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Funky Artists : Re: Funky Artists Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Funky Artists
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 30 Apr 2013 01:33:25
Message: <op.wwb9pyxhufxv4h@xena>
On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 05:00:41 +0200, Kenneth <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Are you using your original, detailed human figures as the underlying
> structure
> to shoot the additional 'paint' blobs at? And do the paint blobs then
> automatically 'flatten out' onto the surfaces?

Yes. The blob sphere is flattened in the direction of the normal depending
on the angle.

> Or do you use a 'blob model' of the human figures as the under-structure?
>
> In any case, I assume that the under-structure itself isn't seen(?)

using trace you only have to declare an object, you dont't have to show
it. the shadows are done with the no_image flag on the original figures,
while the paint has the no_shadow flag. I am also using light groups here.

--
-Nekar Xenos-