POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Philosophical pondering : Re: Philosophical pondering Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:30:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Philosophical pondering
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 20 Jan 2014 14:43:31
Message: <op.w9z3qpueufxv4h@xena>
On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 02:56:09 +0200, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

> So am I still the same person, or am I simply an (incomplete) copy of
> that
> person?

No you are not the same person, but you are still you. If that makes any
sense :)

This reminds me of the solutions I've seen for a "Beam me up, Scotty"
machine: iirc it would involve replicating a person atom by atom,
destroying the original in the process. Which sounds a bit too much like
murder and cloning all-in-one :S

--
-Nekar Xenos-