POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting : Re: Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell!
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 1 Jan 2014 06:28:50
Message: <op.w8z958nkufxv4h@xena>
On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 21:40:08 +0200, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom>
wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 17:22:51 +0200, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 16:49:01 +0200, Fractracer <lg.### [at] gmailcom>
>> wrote:

>>> Maybe I am wrong, but, of the three religions based on the Bible
>>> (Jewish,
>>> Christian, Muslim), only the Christian's book don't justify or allow
>>> the murder.
>>>

>> Jewish: Thou shalt not kill. There is also scripture that says to be
>> hospitable to strangers. The only killing is specifically in a war
>> situations concerning specific cities/towns. They basically use the same
>> as the Old Testament of the Bible and a few other oral traditions.
>>
>> Christian: Goes even further than being hospitable with "Love thine
>> enemies". Jesus was a Jew. Christianity started with the Jewish
>> religion, but Jesus fulfilled the difficult to complete laws and set
>> them free from the law and gave them grace. Men, women and different
>> races are all considered equal.
>>
>> Muslim: Kill non-Muslims. In the Koran there are a few similarities to
>> the Bible, but the details contradict and differ from the Bible. They
>> believe in Creation, Adam and Eve, the flood, Moses and they believe the
>> Jesus was a Prophet that never died. They believe Mohammad to have been
>> the final prophet. Women are considered to have half the brainpower of a
>> man.
>
> Actually, the commandment properly translated (so I understand) is "Thou
> shalt not murder."  Killing in God's name is permissible (and
> encouraged), and there are other circumstances where people are commanded
> to kill (stoning, but just not quite to death? No, stonings are supposed
> to end up with someone dead - an adulterer, for example).
>
> Jim

"Killing in God's Name" is wrong if God didn't tell you to do it. I'm not
sure who is encouraging it though. Are you talking about the Jews actions
in the middle east? If God told them to fight the Muslims, the Jews would
have won long ago.

--
-Nekar Xenos-