POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting : Re: Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why the evil is evel? Don't ask - don't tell!
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 29 Dec 2013 10:22:53
Message: <op.w8u00d16ufxv4h@xena>
On Sun, 29 Dec 2013 16:49:01 +0200, Fractracer <lg.### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>> Nekar Xenos <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> > Koran 9:5 says to kill all non Muslims, unless they repent and become
>> > Muslims.
>>
>> There are quite many passages in the koran that can be used to justify
>> murder.
>>
> Maybe I am wrong, but, of the three religions based on the Bible (Jewish,
> Christian, Muslim), only the Christian's book don't justify or allow the
> murder.

Jewish: Thou shalt not kill. There is also scripture that says to be
hospitable to strangers. The only killing is specifically in a war
situations concerning specific cities/towns. They basically use the same
as the Old Testament of the Bible and a few other oral traditions.

Christian: Goes even further than being hospitable with "Love thine
enemies". Jesus was a Jew. Christianity started with the Jewish religion,
but Jesus fulfilled the difficult to complete laws and set them free from
the law and gave them grace. Men, women and different races are all
considered equal.

Muslim: Kill non-Muslims. In the Koran there are a few similarities to the
Bible, but the details contradict and differ from the Bible. They believe
in Creation, Adam and Eve, the flood, Moses and they believe the Jesus was
a Prophet that never died. They believe Mohammad to have been the final
prophet. Women are considered to have half the brainpower of a man.

--
-Nekar Xenos-