POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting : Re: It has nothing to do with Islam, but ... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:31:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It has nothing to do with Islam, but ...
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 3 Jan 2014 15:55:23
Message: <op.w84pqcp4ufxv4h@xena>
On Fri, 03 Jan 2014 04:38:26 +0200, Patrick Elliott <kag### [at] gmailcom>
wrote:

> In short, stop being a useful idiot to these people. Treat the victims
> as smart intelligent people, until/unless there is a damn good reason to
> not, who didn't take some sort of imaginary risks, and, in most cases,
> probably couldn't have done a bloody thing to reduce them, not as,
> somehow, by default, automatically, and, without any need of facts or
> evidence, culpable in what happened.

I can agree with that. You get people raping babies and grannies - that
has nothing to do with dress code.
Another problem concerning this is fake rape claims where a girl claims
some-one has raped them only later to recant and say they just didn't like
his attitude or something or wanted to pat him back for something silly. I
have heard many accounts of girls claiming their teacher has raped them
and recant afterwards. And again the innocent one's life is destroyed.
On the other hand, because of things like this a rape victim has to
produce proof and keep reliving the ordeal in order to prosecute - if she
ever finds the strength to do it. Many are just too scared or ashamed.
--
-Nekar Xenos-