POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Garden : Re: Garden Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Garden
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 14 Oct 2013 23:23:06
Message: <op.w4y7oruaufxv4h@xena>
On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 22:47:24 +0200, s.day <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:

> "Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Oct 2013 18:55:56 +0200, s.day <s.d### [at] uelacuk> wrote:
>>
>> > My first real SSLT scene, took about 3 days to render.
>> >
>> > I am not completely happy with it yet, the wall either side of the
>> steps
>> > needs
>> > to be wet near the bottom and the snow has a dodgy line through it in
>> > several
>> > places which I think is a mistake on my part with the texture.
>> >
>> > Also, the snow needs to look more melted where it meets the ground.
>> >
>> > Other than those 3 changes and another 3 days render time it is
>> > finished..
>> >
>> > Sean
>>
>> Brilliant! It's so hot here in South Africa, I feel like I could eat
>> that
>> snow ;)
>>
>> I really like that door as well -how did you do it? Image maps or
>> procedural?
>>
>> --
>> -Nekar Xenos-
>
> Hi Nekar,
>
> I would look for some fresher stuff if I was you, it is only 9 degrees
> (C) here
> in the UK so I have to say I am a bit jealous.
>
> All the textures are procedural (except the leaves/tree which are XFrog
> so come
> with image maps).
>
> The door is (as Thomas spotted) pretty much a copy of the one in my Old
> Royal
> IRTC train scene http://www.irtc.org/stills/2006-08-31.html just with a
> different texture applied.
>
> Sean

It was over 32 degrees C over here. I would love a place that doesn't go
over 23 in summer :)
I've never seen real snow close up before. We had some sleet last year,
but it never even showed on the ground. There were no snowflakes, just
pinpricks of ice.

I remember the train scene - but not the doors :)

--
-Nekar Xenos-