POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : fps : Re: fps Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:22:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: fps
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 18 Sep 2013 23:37:14
Message: <op.w3m2z8bcufxv4h@xena>
On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 22:44:43 +0200, Shay <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> So, Scientific American is excited about the mental benefits of video
> games.
> Which video games? Maybe all of them, but the ones being tested are
> first-person
> shooters. That's a drag, because, in my limited experience, there's no
> other
> style of video game with less video game in it. I tried Bioshock: not
> only is it
> almost as much "playing pretend" as it is playing a game, but a decent
> portion
> of the game you do get to play is a shitty puzzle game. I guess they
> spent all
> their development time on the graphics.
>
> Are there any actual fps video games (not bedtime stories) available for
> ps3
> (first choice) or Steam, or did the industry take a permanent wrong turn
> after
> Doom?
>
> -Shay

What about Crysis? You can play it any way you like.

Or all those army games? Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc?

I installed Battlefield play4free last week and it was really hectic. I
got killed 5 times i a row within the first minute. But I'm guessing you
need higher bandwidth to play multiplayer games.

--
-Nekar Xenos-