POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interdimensional slices : Interdimensional slices Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Interdimensional slices
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 22 Jul 2013 16:48:18
Message: <op.w0m5epqbufxv4h@xena>
If you take a horzontal 2d slice of a human being near the center of the
torso, you will get 3 objects: 2 almost circular objects for the arms and
one ovalish shape for the torso. So if a 2d world could coincide with a 3d
world, a 2d being on that plane would see 3 objects and could not imagine
that it could be one object.

If we step it all up one dimension, you could have a 3-dimensional slice
of 4-dimensional object that would seem to be more than one 3d object to
us 3-dimensional beings.

Is this theoretically correct? Or am I missing something?

--
-Nekar Xenos-