POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Motion based wish : Re: Motion based wish Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Motion based wish
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 10 Jul 2011 04:20:02
Message: <op.vyd9fmi7ufxv4h@xena>
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 22:34:16 +0200, nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> Nekar Xenos escreveu:
>> I would like to be able to plug a wii remote into my PC and do some
>> real 3d modeling with it...
>
> I think it'd be awful.  Just like driving a race game by grabbing an air
> wheel with your stretched arms for hours.  Let alone it's got nothing of
> precision, like numeric fields for dimensions or something.
>
> I'd much rather build some small scale model or sculpt away something in
> clay and then have it 3D scanned.

I'm thinking along the lines of organic shapes modeled with hand motions -
not mechanical precision drafting.

I was watching Prototype this today and they mentioned the software that
might be just right for the job on PC: ARToolKit
http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBYQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hitl.washington.edu%2Fartoolkit%2F&ei=oU0ZTuP-Osb0sgas6IShDw&usg=AFQjCNFyuox_TxUcNi4C8GqL47mNqXU8Ng

I've just found this on the net. It looks interesting:
http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fv3d2.tu-bs.de%2FCGV%2FPeople%2Fpeople%2Fkim%2FPublications%2F_id227bb_&ei=H08ZTrW0K4bbsgbkm5WqDw&usg=AFQjCNEQHotuuyMcl3F83f-5cHgaKF3eBA

I think it would be nice to have a "hand modelling tool" in Wings3d for
instance =)

--
-Nekar Xenos-