From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 23 Apr 2011 15:24:38
Message: <op.vuen69bxufxv4h@xena>
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 01:09:37 +0200, Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom>
wrote:

> On 4/22/2011 3:49 PM, Nekar Xenos wrote:
>>> One may reasonably be confused about what something unclear means, but
>>> one cannot be reasonably confused about which instructions are
>>> applicable and which aren't. Unlike, say, the Bible, where some people
>>> think what Paul (and later popes) wrote supersedes what Jesus said,
>>> and others don't.
>>>

>> It's all Point Of View...

Just a little tongue in the cheeck off-off-topic playing with words...

> Hmm. Maybe its just my liberal bias showing, but one commentator put it
> like this, "You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own
> facts." Unfortunately, among the religious, they often make up facts,
> based on their desired opinion. Something that can be seen every time
> you deal with arguments about everything from evidence for a real Jesus,
> to even things like, "god helps those that help themselves". Which, I
> understand may have been first stated "officially" by Joan of Arc,
> according to translation of the notes taken by her personal secretary,
> but which was probably a common fiction even before she stated it.
>
> Point Of View = "Putting a bag over your head, with a picture drawn on
> it, because you don't like the existing view out your real window." ;)

I couldn't agree with you more. Some say that there is no such thing as
truth - each person has his own reality. I wonder how that would stand in
court...

--
-Nekar Xenos-
"The spoon is not real"