POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paris by night - 1951 - wip : Re: Paris by night - 1951 - wip Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paris by night - 1951 - wip
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 26 Mar 2011 11:34:42
Message: <op.vsyiv2maufxv4h@xena>
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 17:27:20 +0200, Thomas de Groot
<tDOTdegroot@interdotnlanotherdotnet> wrote:

> "Stephen" <mcavoys_at@aoldotcom> schreef in bericht
>> On 26/03/2011 1:29 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
>>> What is your impression?
>>
>> 1950's Paris.
>
> Yes, that was what I was hoping.
>

>> Except, shouldn't Kathy be dressed more as a ragamuffin?
>
> Point is: I want to suggest a time mix. In b/w is the period Paris of
> 1951,
> while in color Cathy lives in a much later dimension, unaware of her
> surroundings. Not really convincing maybe, but that is the idea.
>

>> I look forward to seeing the final render with atmosphere. It makes me
>> want to use/steal the print for my darkroom scene. ;-)
>
> The atmosphere is already there, but difficult to fine tune. There is a
> subtle scattering media beneath the street lamps which needs to be
> thickened
> a bit probably.
>
> Thomas

You could try making the scattering media fill the whole scene as in the
photograph. If everything disappears and you need more control, try using
a density_map with 0 density at the camera and high density further away
(that's what I did in my sunflower scene btw).

--
-Nekar Xenos-