POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Paris by night - 1951 - wip : Re: Paris by night - 1951 - wip Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paris by night - 1951 - wip
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 28 Mar 2011 10:56:19
Message: <op.vs16fxtjufxv4h@go-dynamite>
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:58:26 +0200, Thomas de Groot
<tDOTdegroot@interdotnlanotherdotnet> wrote:

> "Nekar Xenos" <nek### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht
>> I'm sure this will be corrected if you remove the spherical media at the
>> lights and use the method I described earlier in conjunction with
>> spotlights.
>
> And get better halos? Remind me where you described this, I seem to have
> forgotten... :-(

I think that if you remove your emissive halos and put spotlights there as
well as the scattering media over the whole scene it should work.
Light attenuation and media interaction should also be enabled. This works
for light shafts, so it should work for halos.

--
-Nekar Xenos-