POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Painting (~500kB) : another Painting (48kB) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  another Painting (48kB)
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 11 Mar 2011 12:54:02
Message: <op.vr6xbzacufxv4h@xena>
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 19:07:23 +0200, nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>> version
>> >
>> > Yeah, I wish...

>> > I bet that took you a while.
>> The company I work for closes around the December holidays, So I usually
>> do my paintings then. Paintings always seem to take forever to
>> finish....
>
> Just to be absolutely sure: it is a real, oil painting or one done in the
> computer?

Neither. It's a real painting done in acrylics. :)

I had the image in my head, but I had no reference material to paint from.
So I constructed the scene in Pov-Ray, rendered it(June 2010) and then
painted with acrylics onto a canvas stretched over a wooden frame
(December 2010 - Jan 2011). This was my second painting done from a
rendering.

The first painting I did from a rendering was the funky musicians
(attached). The rendering is here:
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C4719b21e%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=16

I've only done oils once.. and that was on an ostrich egg. I was
commissioned to paint something red on an ostrich egg because the person
it would be given to was partially sighted and could only see in red. So I
painted the whole egg to look like  arose bud :)
I don't like oils because it takes ages to dry and the paint felt  very
gooey and sticky. Acrylics dry quickly so you can get along with the
painting a lot quicker.

--
-Nekar Xenos-

"The spoon is not real"