POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Kaleidoscopic IFS 2 : Re: Kaleidoscopic IFS 2 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Kaleidoscopic IFS 2
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 17 Dec 2010 18:18:30
Message: <op.vnvsc0f20819q0@gdsentropy.nc.rr.com>
On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:36:22 -0500, stbenge <myu### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

> On 12/15/2010 3:09 PM, [GDS|Entropy] wrote:
>> Wow man...
>> You continue to impress!
>>
>> Fractals are another hobby of mine, so I can appreciate the difficulty
>> in finding and implementing truly new types. Amazing job.
>
> Thanks Ian!

No problem. ;)
You really produce some very cool stuff, and at quite an impressive rate.

>> I could use more programmers like you on my team! (So many lack vision,
>> purpose, pride in their work, and the ability to create simple elegant
>> solutions for poorly defined complex problems)
>
> I don't know how anyone can find a solution for a poorly defined
> problem, let alone a simple and elegant one. Defining a problem is half
> the battle. Every time I've been faced with a difficult challenge,
> progress was only made when I could see exactly what needed to be done.
> Even then I've come up with some very inelegant solutions ;)

It is a challenge, that is for sure...but then thats half the fun. ;)
So many of my contracts have been the programming equivalent of replacing
the entire support structure of the empire state building without moving a
single paper-clip from the desks of its employees or impacting running
business processes.. :(

> What are you working on? If you need any insight, I can try to help, but
> I'm only self-taught...

I am self taught as well. I started with FractINT at 14, found Mand2POV
(which got me into pov-ray), Pov-Ray then accustomed me to C based
languages (add in some TRON influence from early childhood here [gfx and
programming]), and then surfing for pov stuff got me interested in HTML
and JavaScript, which led to C#/VB.NET/ASP/ASP.NET when I needed more
power. The same year I earned my first paid programming gig. Now I program
for a living, and the rest is history. Thanks Pov Team!

I am getting OT here now, I know, but how did you start?

If you don't mind, I'll send you an e-mail with some things which may
interest you. Let me know if you wish that I do so.

Otherwise I have a few macros for POV which have been pretty fun so far,
and are almost done.

Or, if you have some things you might want some help on, I'd be happy to
be a part of it.

> Sam

Ian