POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snow/Icicle macro test: Ice : Re: Snow/Icicle macro test: Ice Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snow/Icicle macro test: Ice
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 15 Dec 2010 18:04:44
Message: <op.vnr2d3rn0819q0@gdsentropy.nc.rr.com>
I will be more than happy to oblige; there are test images up for them

 from roughly 1 year ago, showing the last place I left them. Just searc

for my handle in p.b.i.
There are but a few more things I wish to do with the snow and ice macro

before I move on to improving the corrosion and vine/moss set, but if yo

would like, I can send you a pre-alpha of the ones you would like. Perha
ps

you will see improvements that I have not, and I could sure use some alp
ha

testing. Feel free to e-mail me: HY = -, AT = @, DT = .

I usually only work in pov from 0ct-Mar of any given year.

Once I get this macro pack complete I intend to release it completely in

the hands of the pov team/pov community, as far as rights and usage goes
.

If they decide to include it in 3.7, cool. If not, cool. After all, I am

not so very important. ;)

My next projects, some concurrent, will be Christmas string lights, icic
le

lights, net lights, continued adaptation of the standard pov-ray texture

to work properly with radiosity (should be done soon), and the whopper o

them all, adaptive implicit surface tessellation (this will be the most

fun!).

Ian

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 20:52:15 -0500, Dre <and### [at] gmailcom> wrote
:

> [GDS|Entropy] wrote:
>> Yup :) That is exactly the effect I am going for with that texture.
>>
>> The great part is that this works on even very complex objects
>> relatively quickly, granting the user a *lot* of control over the out
put
>> with
>> relatively few parameters, which I intend to reduce to the bare
>> minimum. See below:
>>
>> //#macro
>> snowTest(ctr,vectorArray,testVector,testObject,radVal,strVal,useTextu
re,useInterior,icicleSegs,icicleProbability)
;