POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snow/Icicle macro test: Ice : Re: Snow/Icicle macro test: Ice Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:17:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snow/Icicle macro test: Ice
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Date: 14 Dec 2010 19:59:00
Message: <op.vnqc0kvn0819q0@gdsentropy.nc.rr.com>
Yup :) That is exactly the effect I am going for with that texture.

The great part is that this works on even very complex objects relativel

quickly, granting the user a *lot* of control over the output with

relatively few parameters, which I intend to reduce to the bare minimum.

See below:

//#macro

snowTest(ctr,vectorArray,testVector,testObject,radVal,strVal,useTexture,
useInterior,icicleSegs,icicleProbability)
#declare st0 =

snowTest(Sp,randVectArray,<0,12,0>,objA,0.5,1,false,false,12,2.5*0.5);

Another very cool thing is that my corrosion, vine and moss macros use t
he

same core...so for every optimization made to this macro set, a corollar

improvement is made to the others as well...muahahaha!

Release of an initial version of all four is so close I can taste it! :D

Ian